Wizard Myrtle is a skilled hydromancer who is visiting the Wizards' Tower, located by the fountains near the entrance of the Tower. Ironically, she suffers from hydrophobia, but dislikes it when people mock her for it. She used to be the apprentice of Terrova, a wizard on Tutorial Island. However, they lost contact when the island sank and she wanted to see if she could find out what became of the island's residents, creating a spell for the task.
She requested the aid of a passing adventurer, asking them to locate the only known survivor of the island, the combat instructor Vannaka. The adventurer found Vannaka in the Edgeville Dungeon where he is now a slayer master, and brought him back to the Wizards' Tower. Myrtle and Vannaka developed feelings for each other and flirted for a while. The adventurer and Vannaka then dove to the island from Mudskipper Point. She later joined them when Hector Vivian revealed himself, apparently allowing her rage to override her fear of deep water. She fought Hector, who summoned crassians to attack her. The adventurer was tasked with keeping the crassians off her and aiding her with the spell when they could. After defeating and trapping Hector on the island, she offered to transport the adventurer back to the island whenever they requested.
She also acts as a bank deposit box via her right-click option.
- Her idle animation involves creating and controlling a ball of water, even though no runes are seen.
- The name Myrtle is a reference to the ghost "Moaning Myrtle" from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels.
- ^ Wizard Myrtle, "Beneath Cursed Tides", RuneScape. "Hmm, it's a little embarrassing. Ironic, really. I've got a crippling fear of deep water."
- ^ Wizard Myrtle, "Beneath Cursed Tides", RuneScape. "It won't be ironic when I submerge you in water and suspend you ten feet in the air."
- ^ a b Wizard Myrtle, "Beneath Cursed Tides", RuneScape. "I lost contact with my old mentor, a wizard by the name of Terrova. He lived on an island a stone's throw from here but... It seems to have completely vanished."
- ^ Wizard Myrtle, "Beneath Cursed Tides", RuneScape. "I've been studying the art of hydromancy for years now, developing an underwater breathing spell that would allow me to dive down to the island and find out exactly what happened."
- ^ Wizard Myrtle, "Beneath Cursed Tides", RuneScape. "Nevermind that now. It's time to make this evil old man pay for what he's done!"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ollie's Twitter account. 27 July 2018. (Archived from the original on 2018-07-27.) Mod Ollie: "I wouldn't say Myrtle is a reference to Moaning Myrtle, but that's certainly where I got the name from. The boss fight being similar to HP Vs Vold is just a happy coincidence"