|Release||13 July 2015 (Update)|
|AKA||Yakamaru (melee), Yakamaru (ranged), Yakamaru (magic), Sick Yakamaru|
|Dead: The embodiment of water.|
Dead: The embodiment of helmets.
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|60 / 40 / 20|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Yakamaru is the second boss of the Liberation of Mazcab raid. Yakamaru can be looted once every 2 days for rewards including the superior versions of Teralith, Primeval and Tempest equipment. This boss can only be fought after killing the first boss of the instance, Beastmaster Durzag, at least once. Yakamaru spawns jellyfish and different variations of jellyfish: Durable, Magical, Piercing, Reflecting Jellyfish and Meleefish. It also has a phase where it creates 4 versions of itself.
According to the fifth stone fragment, Yakamaru was once a spiritual guardian that helped to protect the inhabitants of Mazcab, but fell victim to the corrupting mind magic of the airut shaman, and is now bound to serve them for a more destructive purpose.
|Better Not Touch||Defeat Yakamaru with all but one member of the raid still poisoned|
|Day at the Aquarium||Defeat Yakamaru with one durable jellyfish and one reflecting jellyfish still alive|
|Make Friends and Influence People||Use Asphyxiate on Yakamaru's north pool and have the whole raid survive|
|All Together Now||Defeat all four images of Yakamaru within ten seconds|
|Rewind||After defeating all of the images of Yakamaru, allow the consumption of a Durable Jellyfish and then kill it|
|Yak and Ruin||Defeat Yakamaru several times depending on the tier.|
When Yakamaru is killed, its helmet remains and acts as a reward coffer to collect the drops. Yakamaru has several drop tables that are rolled on to constitute the loot. The consumable table is always rolled, summoning charms are commonly received, and tertiary drops may be received. If the unique drops table rolls either a Mazcab ability codex or piece of achto equipment, the main drop will not be received. If the unique drops table rolls Teci, the main drop table will be rolled multiple times.
Between 10 and 20 charms are dropped at a time.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 10 kills.|
20 charms are dropped at a time.
|Super restore (4)||7–10||Common||20,874–29,820|
|Saradomin brew (4)||7–10||Common||35,245–50,350|
|Ascendri bolts (e)||25||Uncommon||249,850|
|Grimy dwarf weed||42–102||Uncommon||113,022–274,482|
|Hydrix bolt tips||30–65||Uncommon||294,360–637,780|
Only one burial charm may drop at a time. The burial charm table and effigy table are not linked - a player may receive drops from one, both, or neither.
|Small goebie burial charm||1||Common||Not sold|
|Goebie burial charm||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Large goebie burial charm||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Yakamaru's helmet||1||Rare[d 1][d 2]||Not sold|
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/300 with a threshold of 60.
- ^ Mod William. "Patch Notes - 20/02." 17 February 2017. Recent Game Updates Forums.
Yakamaru can only drop one item from this table. If no armour piece or Mazcab ability codex is dropped, the player will receive teci.
The drop rate of any piece of Achto Primeval, Tempest, or Teralith equipment is doubled if the respective non-achto equipment piece is purchased from the Goebie Armoursmith. For example, buying the Teralith Helm will double the chance of getting the Achto Teralith Helm.
A player that owns all fifteen pieces of achto equipment may continue to receive achto armour as drops with the following changes to drop mechanics:
- Achto armour doubles the chance of receiving a duplicate of that item. In other words, owning the Achto Teralith Helm will double the chance of getting another Achto Teralith Helm, and owning the non-achto Teralith Helm is no longer beneficial.
- The drop order is no longer enforced. For example, it is possible to receive a second Achto Teralith Helm, followed by a second Achto Teralith Platebody.
Otherwise, armour is gained from Yakamaru in the following order: gloves, boots, helmet, legs, and body.
Progressing in the drop order requires collecting all three of the previous equipment slot's achto equipment - so in order to receive an Achto Primeval robe top, they would have to get all Achto Tempest, Primeval and Teralith gloves, boots, helm and legs. The Achto equipment gained from each equipment slot is based on the combat style the player dealt the most damage with during the kill they obtained that armour; if the equipment piece corresponding to the used style is not owned, that is always gotten before the others, and otherwise there are equal odds of obtaining armour corresponding to one of the unused styles.[m 1]
|Teci||1,000–1,750||Common[m 2][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval Mask||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval robe top||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval robe legs||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval Gloves||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval Boots||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Cowl||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Body||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Chaps||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Gloves||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Boots||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Helmet||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Cuirass||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Leggings||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Gauntlets||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Boots||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||Not sold|
|Mazcab ability codex||1||Uncommon[m 5][m 1]||17,546,597|
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r Mod Timbo. "Revealing Drop Rates." 20 October 2017. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ Only if neither Achto armour or Mazcab ability codex rolls were successful, so at most 931/1,000.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i 1/50 base chance if this is the next armour piece to be obtained. This chance can be improved by wearing the luck of the dwarves, or owning the matching non-Achto item(doubling the chance).
- ^ a b c d e f 1/30 base chance if this is the next armour piece to be obtained. This chance can be improved by wearing the luck of the dwarves, or owning the matching non-Achto item(doubling the chance).
- ^ 1/20 if the roll for Achto armour was unsuccessful, so at most 49/1,000.
- The feat "How to make friends and influence people" is a reference to the book How to Win Friends and Influence People.
- The feat "Better not touch" is a reference to the lyrics of "Poison" by Alice Cooper.
- Its purpose and name are very similar to those of the anima creatures of the eastern lands.
- According to Mod Deg, Yakamaru was first defeated 9 hours and 20 minutes after being released.
- Prior to 8 August 2015, while in the starting pool the use of Vengeance and other sources of typeless damage could cause Yakamaru to stay in that pool, skipping the next phase.
- The sharknado's examine text is "Chainsaws not required", which is a reference to a scene from the 2013 film of the same name.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 2,616 kills.
- ^ First stone fragment, RuneScape. "You present me a fragment pulsating with the vibrant anima of this planet. The very same anima which leaks from the wounds that this world has come to bare... Over many centuries the seeping anima formed constructs; spirit guardians that roams this world's forests and plains. While not sentient, these guardians still strive to conserve the natural order of Mazcab. Affording their own protection to those that may not be able to protect themselves."
- ^ Fifth stone fragment, RuneScape. "This has come into contact with the water beast Yakamaru. A once great spirit guardian who roamed the rivers and seas of Mazcab. When Tuska came she brought with her the Airut that plague this land... The Shaman in particular wields a dreadful magic, spreading corruption where he walks and warping the minds of his victims. The spirit guardian Yakamaru fell prey to this evil. No longer does it protect the inhabitants of this world but instead, like so many others, it must serve its Airut masters."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Deg's Twitter account. 30 July 2015. Mod Deg: "1) Own. 2)Style only. 3) If your next drop would be X you have double chances of a drop. 4) From BM."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Deg's Twitter account. 30 July 2015. Mod Deg: "Mystery solved."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Deg's Twitter account. 13 July 2015. Mod Deg: "Nine hours and twenty minutes later, Yakamaru tastes defeat for the first time!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
|Abilities, Spell & Codex||