|Release date||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|No. of banks||1|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of obelisks||0|
|Main music||Big Chords|
|Leader||Colonel Radick is in charge of the Yanillian army.|
|Teleportation||House Teleport (if house is in Yanille), Watchtower Teleport (With completion of the Watchtower quest) or use a teleport tablet after Love Story Fairy Ring Code (CIQ or CLS) Home teleport (after activating Lodestone)|
Yanille (pronounced jæniːl; "Yah-neel" or "Yann-eel") is a members-only town that lies to the south of Ardougne. It is the town of the wizards and contains the exclusive Wizards' Guild. Yanille is beset by ogres from the south and west, and players find out during the Watchtower quest that this is the reason it is so heavily defended by guards. In the past the town was also used for a player made Fletching and alchemy guild on world 132.
- Lodestone teleport to Yanille
- To the north lies the Fight Arena, the Tree Gnome Village, a Monastery, Port Khazard and (further north) East Ardougne
- To the south lies the Ogre City of Gu'Tanoth
- To the east of Castle Wars
- To the east is a small archipelago inhabited by a gnome named Hazelmere
- To the north-west is the Watchtower (cast Watchtower Teleport, level 58 Magic required)
- To the north is a fairy ring teleport, CIQ
- Inside the town is a POH portal, which can be reached with a House Teleport spell or tablet if your player-owned house is located in Yanille. If the Love Story quest has been completed, a yanille tablet (made from a chipped teleport to house tablet) can be used to teleport to the Yanille house portal, even if your house is located elsewhere.
There is a standard bank in eastern Yanille with a deposit box and several bankers. A long time ago, many players used to gather in this bank, in an unofficial guild, where common activities included Fletching, alchemy, Herblore and Firemaking.
There are also four portals that lead to other places in Gielinor located on the top floor of the guild.
The Wizards' Guild also gives access to the closest rune essence mine to a bank in the game.
Aleck's Hunter Emporium
Yanille has a pet shop just east of Aleck's Hunter Emporium. It is a shop selling Summoning pets.
Players can buy three types of beer in the Dragon Inn.
- Beer - just like in any other inn.
- Dragon Bitter - increases Strength by 2 and reduces Attack by 3 temporarily.
- Greenman's Ale - Increases Herblore by 1 temporarily.
- This is one of the locations you need to go to for the Alfred Grimhand Barcrawl miniquest.
Just west of Bert's house is a POH portal. To move a house to this portal you must have 50 Construction. You must pay an Estate agent 25,000 coins to move to Yanille. Players often move their house to Yanille because of its proximity to the bank.
While technically not part of Yanille, the Khazard Mine is located north-east of the town, it is one of the closest mines to a bank in the game, and provides excellent experience for miners wishing to get levels quickly. You can find the following ore rocks at the mine:
- 1 coal rock
- 8 iron rocks
- 4 clay rocks
- 2 copper rocks
- 7 tin rocks
- 2 mithril rocks
Yanille Agility dungeon
The Yanille Agility dungeon can be very useful to high level players training Herblore, but high levels of Agility are required to penetrate deep into the dungeon. There are two ways of entering the dungeon, either just north of the town by slashing a spider web with an edged weapon or knife, or by having 82 Thieving and entering the dungeon just south of the bank.
The watchtower is located just outside the north-west wall of Yanille. It is the start of the Watchtower quest, and the place you teleport into when you use the Watchtower Teleport spell, unless the player changes it to the centre of Yanille after completing the Ardougne Tasks. There are watchmen on the second floor who require 65 Thieving to steal from. They yield 60 coins, bread, and 137.5 experience per successful pickpocket. There is also a fountain just outside the watchtower.
Players needing faster access to either the dungeon, or the bank, or the watchtower (travelling between two of the three) will find the Agility shortcut under the wall, which requires just 16 Agility to use, quite useful.
The anvils in Yanille are the second closest to a bank in the game, the closest being the anvil next to the Varrock west bank. Many high level smiths choose to forge here because it's quieter, and they can also occasionally go into the Wizards' Guild to buy runes that they can sell at a profit later.
The Cooking shop in Yanille sells several items, namely:
- Pie dishes (10)
- Cooking apples (0)
- Cake tins (10)
- Bowls (10)
- Potatoes (10)
- Tinderboxes (10)
- Jugs (10)
- Pots (30)
- Chocolate bars (10)
- Flour (500)
- Empty cups (10)
Between the wheat field patch and Bert's house there's a mysterious hole in the ground, which is a one way exit from the Skavid caves. It can be examined, which gives the examine text "A hole", and should not to be confused with the Agility shortcut just north of the hops patch.
A hidey-hole can be built for the 2-way grapple shortcut over the southern wall located where the shortcut is indicated on the minimap. The hidey-hole is a buildable storage spot to store a crossbow and grapple and eliminates the need to carry a crossbow and grapple to use the shortcut. To construct the hidey-hole, level 31 construction is required as well as a saw and hammer (the tool belt works), 4 planks, a bronze crossbow, mithril grapple and 4 nails. Level 39 Agility, level 21 Ranged and level 38 Strength is required to use the shortcut.
The archipelago to the east of Yanille is home to many jungle spiders which are sometimes hunted for their carcasses which are used in spirit spider pouches. Players have to visit the archipelago in The Grand Tree quest. Hazelmere, the gnome mage, may be found up a ladder here. Players may have to go to the archipelago to bring him food as he is a regular customer of the Gnome Restaurant.
There used to be a tree behind the house with anvils, but it was removed for no reason. A player posted a thread on the forum calling for its return. In a response to the thread, a dead tree was added on 20 March 2012 in place of the original tree, and its examine texts now reference the incident.
- Wizards' Guild:
- Watchtower Wizard
- Colonel Radick
- Guard Captain
- Hazelmere - on the eastern archipelago.
- Pet shop owner
- Sithik Ints
- Colonel Radick - between the gates at the west wall.
- Imps - just north-east of the town and inside the town
- Cows - just north of Yanille wall.
- Jungle spiders - on the archipelago to the east.
- Soldiers - all along the walls of Yanille, go up the stairs at the west gate.
- Tower guards - upstairs at the west gate.
- Unicorns - to the south of the wall.
- Watchmen - in the Watchtower.
- Dwarves- to the south of the town.
- Men - in guest house.
- Wizard - inside the Wizards' Guild
- The Hand in the Sand - Can be started east of the sandbox.
- Swan Song - Involves the Wizards' Guild.
- Wanted! - The Dragon Inn is the answer to the greenman's ale clue.
- Zogre Flesh Eaters - Involves the Wizards' Guild
- Watchtower - Started just outside the north-west wall of Yanille.
- ^ Jagex. Postbag 35 - "Transcript:But how do you pruh-nounce Rell-doh?", Letter 4, by Reldo. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- ^ Jagex. Postbag 11 - "Transcript:Baba Yaga, Hill Giants and correct pronunciation!", Wise old tips, by Wise Old Man. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.