The normal version requires level 78 Magic, and degrades for 100,000 charges of combat before disintegrating - it cannot be repaired. Additionally, using the weapon's special attack will drain 100 charges, or 0.1% of maximum charge.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Zuriel's staff has a special attack called Miasmic Barrage. It consumes 100% adrenaline and 100 charges on the staff (0.1% of maximum charge). A magic attack is launched at the opponent,
- dealing up to 200% ability damage
- reduces their attack speed by a tick for 15 seconds
- halves their adrenaline gain for 15 seconds
This makes the special attack most useful for legacy dueling to delay attacks taken, though in most circumstances the small duration makes the change insignificant.
The damage dealt by this special attack will be increased while under the effects of Sunshine and Metamorphosis ultimate abilities, although due to the low damage output for an ultimate ability and the fact it requires 100% adrenaline to use, it isn't efficient to use the aforementioned ultimate abilities to increase this special attack's damage.
Comparison with other magical weapons
|Staff of Sliske||92||1,318,532,992||2577 (92)|
|Noxious staff||90||142,924,216||2458 (90)|
|Superior Zuriel's staff||88||16,487,239||2343 (88)||
|Camel staff||85||38,348,042||2178 (85)|
|Staff of darkness||85||28,325,172||2178 (85)|
| || Staff of limitless air |
Staff of limitless water
Staff of limitless earth
Staff of limitless fire
Staff of limitless lava
Staff of limitless mud
Staff of limitless steam
|82|| 9,518,742 |
|Second-Age staff||80||107,808,003||1924 (80)||
|Chaotic staff|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal staff|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal weapon seed and 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)|
|Zuriel's staff||78||9,249,375||1829 (78)||
|Sunspear (magic)|| 78 |
River of Blood
| Free after River of Blood quest|
600,000 to reclaim
|Armadyl battlestaff||77||13,919,124||1783 (77)|
|Greater runic staff|| 75 |
|25,000 Runespan points||1694 (75)||
|Staff of light||75||986,003||1694 (75)||
|Polypore staff||75||1,580,539||1694 (75)|
|Wand of the praesul and Imperium core||92|| 734,060,300 (wand)|
|Seismic wand and singularity||90|| 66,683,322 (wand)|
|Elite seasinger kiba and makigai|| 88 |
| 1 Seasinger kiba|
1 Seasinger makigai
2 Seasinger weapon upgrade kit
|Wand of the Cywir elders and orb||85|| 13,727,971 (wand)|
|Seasinger kiba and makigai|| 85 |
| 150 Chi|
75 Koi Scales
2 Gemstone kaseki
|Virtus wand and book||80|| 4,685,073 (wand)|
|Attuned crystal wand and orb|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal weapon seed and 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)||
|Abyssal wand and orb||75|| 99,582 (wand)|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Chaos Elemental||305||1||Very rare|
|Revenant cyclops||60||1||Very rare|
|Revenant dark beast||112||1||Very rare|
|Revenant demon||84||1||Very rare|
|Revenant dragon||126||1||Very rare|
|Revenant goblin||16; 19; 22; 28||1||Very rare|
|Revenant hellhound||70||1||Very rare|
|Revenant hobgoblin||44||1||Very rare|
|Revenant icefiend||37||1||Very rare|
|Revenant imp||14||1||Very rare|
|Revenant knight||119||1||Very rare|
|Revenant ork||98||1||Very rare|
|Revenant pyrefiend||40||1||Very rare|
|Revenant vampyre||47||1||Very rare|
|Revenant werewolf||53||1||Very rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||3.0%|
- Prior to the EoC, this was the only staff which could unlock the miasmic spells, however these spells no longer exist in the game. Later on, the staff was given a special attack which is called Miasmic Barrage and has the identical animation to the spell that used to exist in-game, as well as very similar effects.
- Before the addition of its special attack, Jagex gave it a critical attack bonus to replace the lost miasmic spells, as previously the staff had only been used for the spells.
- At the time, miasmic spells could be cast on NPC's, however it did not slow down their attack speed.
- Although there was an updated version of the staff in the teaser pictures for the updated Zuriel's armour, the staff wasn't updated along with the armour.
- A silhouette of the updated Zuriel staff could be seen on the bonfire banner on the RuneScape homepage. The specific reason for this is unknown, but it may be a spoiler of the Zuriel staff being updated in the near future.
Revenants and their drops
|Corrupt dragon equipment|
|Ancient Warriors' equipment|
|Corrupt Ancient Warriors' equipment|